The phrase “Content is King” is often thrown around in digital and content marketing circles. We’ve said it so much that the world finally listened and responded by creating more content than ever before. This created a new problem for digital marketers such as myself– how would we make our content stand out from all the noise out there and get it to our intended audience?
The best way to get this done is by coming up with a content distribution playbook. This means sitting down and figuring out how to leverage the different channels you have available to distribute your content to your target audience.
It turns out there are various channels at your disposal to help you get your message in front of your audience. Basically, in order to distribute your content, you need to spend both time and money.
Let’s look at a few examples of each:
1. Spending Time
You can’t hope to distribute your content without investing some time doing it. Luckily, there are different channels to explore including:
- Twitter –you can post a tweet about new content.
- Facebook – you can distribute content through a status update, commenting on Facebook groups or using Facebook stories.
- LinkedIn – Here you can use LinkedIn videos, Pulse or status updates.
- Instagram –Instagram stories provide an excellent way of making people aware of your new content.
- SlideShare – this channel is perfect for B2B marketing. You’ll simply have to convert your content to presentation form (use slides) and post on the site.
- Forums – you can boost your content’s presence by distributing it in forums where your target audience congregates.
- Medium – this is a powerful channel if you know how to use it. You can repurpose your content and relaunch it on medium. Even a small snippet coupled with a call to action to visit your site will do.
- And many more.
2. Spending Money
The other way you can distribute your content is by spending money. For instance, you can choose to run remarketing ads to people visiting your content, site or page. A good example of this is Facebook ads.
Alternatively, you can do sponsored content by making use of influencers to help distribute your message and content. You can try to reach out to influencers, especially those in your industry, and maybe have them share or talk about your content, basically spreading the word that you have developed new and interesting content.
I have worked with different clients over the years and I always try out new ways of distributing content that can drive their business’ growth. I can do the same for your business. Get in touch with me today and I can help come up with a content distribution strategy that will ultimately result in more meaningful and measurable results for your business.